Wednesday, May 11, 2016
5 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About Me
Oh hey there! I decided to do something a little different than my usual blog post today and get (a little bit) personal with you:
1. I'm super afraid of the dark, which is actually because I'm afraid that there will be a stranger in my house #strangerdanger. If Jeff is ever away for the night I'll turn on all of the lights while it's still light outside, and then as it gets dark slowly turn off lights & retreat (ahem, run) into the bedroom. I also always check behind shower curtains to make sure there isn't anyone hiding back there, but that's also partially because once when I was a kid I hid in the shower during a game of hide and seek, and then my grandma actually came in and used the bathroom. So. Embarrassing.
2. I was a ghost writer on two books, including a New York Times best seller. Now, these were both business books that I wrote for my CEO at my first job, so don't go getting super excited, it's not like I wrote Twilight or anything ;) Both books are about keeping employees happy and engaged in the workplace, which I think 23 year old me was definitely qualified to write about.
3. I'm a weirdly picky eater, but seeing as I come from a family of really weirdly picky eaters I never realized my "things" were weird until I left home. I won't eat a lot of fruit (I'm mostly just into berries, apples, oranges, and bananas) and I won't eat any cooked fruit - that means pies, cobblers, jellies, etc. I also don't like most condiments, like mayo, mustard, relish, sour cream, cream cheese... And if a dessert doesn't have chocolate in it, well then no thank you! My siblings on the other hand both don't like chocolate, my sister refuses to eat tomatoes, peppers or onions, and my brother hates peanut butter and just about all desserts. Freaks.
4. I am totally obsessed with Harry Potter. The first book came out when I was the same age as Harry so I literally got to grow up with the series. If I had to guess, I've probably read the earlier books in the series 50 times each and the later ones 30-40. It's gotten to the point where I probably have most of them memorized. My sister and I keep joking that half of our texts these days are about inconsistencies and logistics in the books (because, like, if they teach Alohomora to every first year then why do they bother locking any doors?) If you ever want a real treat, just ask me to sing the school song, because yes, I know it.
5. When I was in college my friend and I won a canoe marathon. Yes, like a regular marathon just in a canoe. If you know me, this is super amusing because I am not athletic. Like, if I could never go to the gym again I would be very very happy. Our parents did this race for years so we decided to enter, because how hard could it really be?! It turns out, very hard, and it took us freaking forever to finish. The thing is, when we registered my friend and I were both under the age of 18, putting us in the kids division. We thought we had done terribly, only to hear our names called in first place because we were competing against ten year olds! They gave us a giant heavy trophy of an old man with a paddle for winning, and you had better believe I've had that thing on display at every place I've lived in since.
So there you have it, five things you probably didn't know about me!
Follow along with everything Kristina does via Google Friend Connect or Bloglovin!